Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A revamp? Reinventing the characters?

After some thought, rereading and constructive comments from friends, I've realized that the first few chapters need a lot of significant work. Characterization, plot development, theme... all sorts of things. I'm still quite well ahead-- about 14 or so chapters into the story, but I think I'll need to do a lot of back writing. I'm considering just posting everything that I have right now, even though I know not a lot of it makes sense.

Now, I'm caught between continuing and writing and not turning back (which would mean ignoring the earlier chapters and not releasing any new chapters for a very long time) or seriously revamp chapters 1-3, and then work on 4 and then continue writing serially (but I'm afraid I'll be mired in the beginning for too long to develop a fuller sense of what I'm trying to get at.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chapter 444444444....
stick to the original schedule, inertia will keep you going, once everything is out redits can be better planned based on the whole story rather than individual details. and it becomes easier to add ties between earlier and later chapters.