Sunday, February 11, 2007

Some Themes and Ideas, what I'm going for.

I don't know how appropriate or meaningful this would all be, but I was thinking a little bit (and talking a little bit) about what it is I'm trying to get at with this project. Besides coming up with a hopefully interesting plot, I wanted to construct a world, in both discourse and imagination, that is, well, constructed. I don't know how effective this could be, but-- could I arrive at the superficiality and transience of experience through the use of ornate language and an empathic use of fleeting imagery-- or does that run the risk of emphasizing artificiality to a fault. After all, if something is truly fleeting and superficial, why bother writing about it at all?

In the end, a decadent and frivolously sensual part of me relishes in the exuberant and ornamental.

1 comment:

Sol said...

if there's a surface, is there also not an interior?